Welcome to WordCrazyAuthors

Your WordCrazy hostesses, Michelle O'Leary and AJ Caywood, welcome you to their blog about writing and hope you enjoy the mind-bending mania. Feel free to join in with your own brand of insanity...crazy loves company.

Monday, September 14, 2009

What Are We Working On? Part 2


Retrieved Heart by AJ Caywood

This is my second attempt at a novel-length work. I know it's been a while since I've completed a second novel since STAY IN THE LIGHT. I have been writing, though! I've had eight short stories published, but boy it's been tough for me to get another novel completed. I've realized that the pressure I've been putting on myself to make my second novel so much better than the first has chained my muse. But I'm going to bust out of those chains because the love of writing is straining to be set free!

Retrieved Heart is a Science-Fiction Romance full of action, suspense, and spice! This story centers on Britt Masters and her small crew of Retrievers, a close-knit group who risk their lives to retrieve valuables lost in cosmic crashes. For Britt, it's much more than saving man-made valuables, but the human survivors that are so often left behind due to greed. Britt pushes her ship through the ferocious Devil's Tongues--deadly solar flares that dance and twine directly through the shipping lanes. Saving those that might meet the same fate as her parents is what drives Britt, and she has no life past that. That is, until the brooding and seductive Garrick Donovan shows up, complete with a bad reputation and secrets of his own. Britt finds him hard to resist, but she has to because he works for one of the most hated retrieval companies in the galaxy. Forced to save Garrick from the sentence he gave so many other crash survivors, Britt brings him on her ship. She soon unravels some of Garrick's secrets, showing her who he really is, and it opens up her heart.

I've completed over half of this story, writing on it like a madwoman at times, worrying if it's coming out the way I want it to at other times. The important thing for me is to let go of those worries, let the story and characters take control, and immerse myself in this wild and wonderful world I'm creating. When it's finished, I hope my readers will enjoy it too.

Love to all,

Anna/AJ Caywood

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you're working on this story again! I really miss the characters, and I can't wait to find out what happens next. And don't worry about making a second novel "better" than the first--write what you love. If you love the story, than your readers will, too! :D

    Btw, I'm going through withdrawls...please let me read more of RH!! hehe

    ReplyDelete